Business ResourcesDowntown Milford Incorporated has a number of programs to support small businesses and commercial property owners located in the downtown district. For more information on any of theses programs email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Small Business Loan: Downtown Milford, Inc. has a limited amount of funds it lends out to local businesses at low interest rates.
- 5 for Free: If your building needs a new paint job DMI can help, for every 5 gallons of paint you purchase DMI will purchase 5 more.
- Vacancy Inventory: If you are looking to move your business into Downtown Milford, click here and zoom in to see the available commercial properties for rent.
- Sign, Awning & Facade Enhancement Matching Grant Program: If you are a merchant, business, or property owner in Milford's downtown commercial district, we want to help you save money on your sign and awning purchases as well as façade enhancements.
- Downtown Milford Entrepreneur Network: This downtown small business network meets every 4th Tuesday of the month from 8:30-10am at the Mispillion Art League (5 N. Walnut St.) for conversation.
- Downtown Development District: On August 10, 2016, Governor Jack Markell announced a statewide expansion of Delaware's Downtown Development District (DDD) program to include the City of Milford. Investors who make qualified improvements to residential, commercial, or industrial properties in Milford's District Area now may qualify for state and local development incentives.
- Opportunity Zone: The State of Delaware has designated the northern portion of Milford as a Qualified Opportunity Zone. Opportunity Zones were created by the Federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which aimed to promote new investments into economically-distressed communities. Governor John Carney, in coordination with State and local agencies, selected 25 census tracts as Opportunity Zones which were approved by the U.S. Department of the Treasury in April 2018.
- City of Milford: Investors who make qualified improvements to residential, commercial, or industrial properties in Milford's District Area now may qualify for state and local development incentives.